We value the trust you have placed in us and we intend to continue to earn your trust each day. That’s why we welcome this opportunity to describe our privacy policies and the steps we take to protect your customer information. This document provides details about Pickford Services Company's privacy policies and procedures. In this document, “we”, “our”, and “us” refers to Pickford Services Company, Pickford Escrow Company, Inc. and/or The Escrow Firm, Inc.
The practices and policies contained in this disclosure are subject to change, but we will communicate any material changes to you when required by applicable laws. The practices and policies contained in this disclosure replace all previous notices or statements with respect to the same subject matter.
THIS IS OUR PLEDGE TO YOU
- We are committed to protecting your privacy at all times.
- We do not share customer information with outside companies for purposes of selling their products and services to you.
- We are committed to bringing you the services you need to successfully complete your real estate purchase, sale or finance transaction.
- We maintain security standards and procedures designed to protect to improve the protection of our information about you. Behind this pledge is a simple idea. We want you to know that you can count on us – to protect the privacy and security of your customer information, and to provide you with the responsive, professional service you deserve.
OUR POLICIES REGARDING THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
Our goal is to provide you with the services you will need to successfully complete your real estate transaction. Along the way, we are committed to providing you with responsive, personalized service, and keeping you informed about new services that may be of immediate interest to you or new benefits that can help you derive the greatest value from your relationship with us. Customer information is at the heart of our ability to provide superior service to you. In the sections that follow, we describe the types of information that are collected, and how and why that information may be shared with others.
The primary reason that we collect and maintain customer information is to serve you and administer our customer relationship with you. This information may be collected from a variety of sources, such as:
- Information you provide to us on applications or forms
- Information we receive from an outside source such as a county recorder, mortgage company or your real estate agent; or
- Information about your transactions or experience with companies affiliated with us.
The information that we collect from these sources allows us to provide you with responsive and professional services to make sure the closing of your transaction is as trouble free as we can make it.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE
We do not sell your personal information to anyone for the purpose of selling their products or services to you.
WE LIMIT THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not disclose your personal information to anyone other than to effect or administer the service or product you have requested from us. The purchase, sale or finance of real estate is a complex transaction which requires us to obtain certain information about you and the property you are selling or buying in order to complete the home sale or purchase transaction. We do not share your personal information, unless one of the following exceptions apply:
- We share a limited amount of your personal information with companies that help us process or service your transaction. For example, we may share your name and the property address with a survey company or plat drawing company in order to collect information about the property in connection with providing you with a title insurance policy.
- We are permitted by law to share your personal information with others to protect the confidentiality of your records and to protect against claims, unauthorized transactions or other liabilities.
- We may also disclose personal information in limited circumstances where we believe in good faith it is required or permitted by law, for example: to cooperate with law enforcement authorities, regulatory authorities, or judicial process; and to resolve consumer disputes.
INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO OUTSIDE PARTIES IN OTHER SITUATIONS
We also disclose certain customer information to government agencies, consumer reporting agencies, and other outside parties as permitted or required by the Federal Privacy Act and other applicable laws. These disclosures are made for specific, limited purposes, such as to verify individuals’ identities (reducing fraud and identity theft), to meet customer service expectations, or to make certain information a matter of public record (recording mortgages to let prospective buyers, title insurers, and others know about property liens).
INFORMATION CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY INFORMATION CONFIDENTIALITY AND PROTECTION PRACTICES
As we described in our Pledge to you, we are committed to preventing others from unauthorized access to your customer information, and we maintain procedures and technology designed for this purpose. We take several steps to protect the customer information we have about you, including the following:
- We update and test our technology on a regular basis in order to improve the protection of customer information.
- We require outside companies and independent contractors to whom we provide customer information, such as plat drawing companies, to enter into a confidentiality agreement that restricts the use of the information to those purposes and prohibits independent use of the information.
- We have internal procedures that limit access to customer information, such as procedures that require an employee to have a business need to access customer information. We maintain policies about the proper physical security of workplaces and records. Our physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards comply with federal regulations regarding the protection of customer information.
INFORMATION INTEGRITY MEASURES
We protect the integrity of customer information about you through measures such as maintaining backup copies of account data in the event of power outages or other business interruptions, using computer virus detection and eradication software on systems containing customer data, installing computer hardware and software, and employing other technical means (known as “firewalls”) to protect against unauthorized computer entry into systems containing customer information.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
12544 High Bluff Drive, Suite 420
San Diego, CA 92130
Call Us: 858-792-6085